Wall of Letters: Greatest Hits
Are you there, FTWPers? It’s me, Marina. I know everyone was probably expecting an event post the other day, but so many people have covered the following:
- The auction.
- How much of a ripoff the auction is.
- The fact Fantage is trying to pass Fashion Show, Trendsetters, and Cody pet items off as being “vintage”.
…that I really don’t see anything new I could say. So instead, I’m going to talk about the Wall of Letters.
Now, I’m pretty sure the intention of the wall was to get people talking about American Thanksgiving. And there are people who do that, don’t get me wrong. It’s just that the stuff about giving thanks is interspersed with other things, like…
- Random One Direction songs.
- What look like Bible verses right next to messages about Five Nights at Freddy’s.
- More random One Direction songs.
- Messages about recent tragedies (though you can’t say “Paris”) and how people have lost their faith in humanity. (It’s terrible, but isn’t the point of Thanksgiving sort of the opposite of that?)
- Rumors of Civic Princess, what happened to Civic Princess, and Civic Princess being at MyMall. Which I really don’t think she was.
- More random songs that, shockingly enough, aren’t by One Direction.
- Complaints about the auction.
- Useless spamming.
If you’re too lazy to look for yourself, here are some of the messages I thought were too funny/amazing/just plain strange not to share.
It might not be apparent from the pictures I posted, but Fantage also has a different method of making sure people don’t post inappropriate messages.
Well, trying, anyway. Instead of throwing Js in everything, you now have to space your words out so they’re accepted. The result: You can argue talk intelligently and respectfully about religion and everything I posted about up above, but you can’t even say “Fantage”. Or “I”.
You also can’t use apostrophes, just like with regular Fantage. You guys have no idea how annoyed that’s made me ever since I’ve joined. -____________-
With some work, though, they could probably make the filter system a lot better. The idea of it reminds me of Bearville’s chat filter system, which at least let you spell words correctly and use punctuation. If they made the grammar better, let you say more, and stuff like that, I might not even mind if they eventually replaced their current chat system with this…
Also, I tried advertising FM and my BFF Katie’s blog, with mixed results. As you can see, FM…didn’t turn out so well.
When I said “word”, I meant “weird”, BTW. That’s how we used to have to say “weird” on BV. 😛
What do you think of the Wall of Letters? Have you posted anything on it yet, or are all the other messages keeping you from doing so? Do you think I should keep posting the best messages on here? Are you thankful for the chance to be able to read these interesting things? Well, whatever you have to say, as long as it’s actually intelligent and respectful, feel free to say it in a comment below! 🙂